Today I updated the Raspberry PI as an ATV testscreen ‘modulator’.
The designer of this solution you can find at the website of PA3BWE.
In this log, I will show the mods, and the short (new) installation options.
* Get the ‘atv3.py’ from the website of PA3BWE
* Place this file in the folder you want to use (mkdir /home/pi/atv)
* wget http://www.pa2eon.nl/download/atv.tar
* Make two folders extra
* In the images directory you can place about 12 files with a resolution of 768 x 576 pixels.
* In the sound directory you place the *.wav file you like ( the ‘test-beep’ ..)
* In the directory /home/pi give the command tar xvf atv.tar
In the download section of this site .. you will find the used file by myself ( and PA3BWE !).
The picture shows the old (green) computer screen, with the RCA active and nice test screen.
The next weeks I will try to make an *.py program where the ‘graphics’ are generated by the application itself. The pictures shows the original file, and if you want to give more text you are not free to do that. The third picture is the graphic made by the application (atv3.py), very basic but useful !
Note: To test the status off the picture generated by the Pi, give the command; /opt/vc/bin/tvservice -s